Dating back to 1827, an historically significant sandstone cottage & adjacent house on 90 acres enjoying spectacular rural views. Originally forming part of a land grant by Governor Macquarie, “Swanton” has early links to the iconic ‘Oldbury Farm’, and is in a most desirable location.
• Unique & historic stone cottage with two substantial rooms, cathedral ceilings, open fireplace and large veranda overlooking glorious farmland – sensitively restored & renovated to an incredibly high standard
• Delightful & sympathetically designed three-bedroom & 2 bathroom timber house sitting perfectly within the landscape
• Spacious kitchen with European appliances & a variety of spacious living rooms opening onto an outdoor entertaining area
• Gently undulating prime cattle country, good fencing & with a carrying capacity of around 25 -30 cows & calves
• Extensive rural infrastructure including yards, crush, large sheds & historic dairy building perfect for art studio
• Abundant water including 6 spring-filled dams & riparian rights to Whytes Creek
Absolutely private & within a superb setting, ‘Swanton’ is a unique & character-filled property only minutes to local amenities & with easy access from Sydney, Canberra & the south coast.
A rare opportunity.
Open House Times